Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chains are Broken

As of the 4th of this month, I am no longer in the Army. Honorably Discharged, GI Bill bennies and a month-and-a-half of paid vacation later I am finally free to be my bad self. I'd like to take a moment to thank all of the good people I met along the way who were there for me when I needed them, I wouldn't have made it without you guys: Good Soldiers and outstanding leaders are indeed too few and too far between. 

Ian, you are the Silent Bob to my Jay: I'm alive because of you. 

So what are my plans? Since the 18th of June my husband and I have been driving our 1996 Dodge Ram across the country from Arizona to Maine and various points in between. I've posted a couple of 'highlights' on YouTube for people to check out, including our truck hitting it's 200K Mile mark on the odometer. It may not sound like a huge deal to many of you, but road-tripping across the United States is no small feat. It's not as easy as getting in your vehicle and driving off, but so far it's been worth it. 

There will be more blog posts to come, I'm in the process of assembling my application to the University of Arkansas in Spring of 2014 and this is more complicated than I thought it would be. I haven't applied for college in over 10 years, I have no idea what I'm doing. Fortunately for me, the Assistant Dean of Admissions pointed me in the right direction and now I know what I have to do, once everything is together and submitted I'll be consciously trying really damn hard NOT to actually cross my fingers. 

There will be more later, so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment